Public Transportation from Airports to Downtown Long Beach
- From Long Beach Airport. Long Beach Transit Bus Route #111 will take you directly to the Long Beach Transit Mall from the airport. From the transit mall to the hotels, see Metro instructions below.
- From LAX, via Metro
- To view schedule from website around your arrival time, enter “Aviation LAX Station” as starting point, and “1st St/Pine Av, Long Beach” as the end point of your trip.
- After exiting a terminal on the Lower/Arrival level look for blue signs to “LAX Shuttle/Airline Connections”. Shuttles are free and stop in front of each terminal every 15 min under this sign only. Take “G” or “Greenline” Bus to the Metro Green Line Aviation Station.
- At the station, there are ticket machines that accept coins, banknotes from $1 to $20, and credit cards. Press any key on the machine to see instructions. For this trip it’s easiest to buy a Day Pass for $6.
- Ignore TAP signs for entry (applicable to monthly passes) – with a purchased ticket you can proceed directly to the platform.
- Take the Green Line train towards Norwalk, and exit the train at the Imperial/Wilmington station.
- Transfer to the Blue Line at the Imperial/Wilmington station towards Long Beach. Again, ignore TAP signs and turnstiles for entry to the platform.
- For Westin and Courtyard hotels exit at 1st Street Station in Long Beach. To get to Westin: from 1st St Station go in the direction the train arrived one block to Ocean Blvd; the Westin is on the left. To reach Courtyard turn left from 1st St Station and go along 1st St.
- For Renaissance and Hyatt go one stop further to the Transit Mall Station on 1st St and Pine Ave. To get to Renaissance from the Transit Mall Station go back on the platform, cross Pine Ave and turn right; the hotel is at the corner of Pine and Ocean on your left. To reach Hyatt continue along Pine Ave, cross Ocean Blvd, and walk along the Convention Center; the Hyatt is at the far end of the Convention Center.
- From boarding the Airport Shuttle to Long Beach the trip takes about 1 hour.
- From Orange County John Wayne Airport. You can reach Long Beach by bus from the airport, but it will take about 2 hours.
homeprogramexhibits and sponsorsregisterabstract submissionvenue and mapstravel informationhotel informationorganizationcontact us